18.10.21- Final week of term
WOW! We are so proud of how hard the children have worked this half term. The classroom displays are beginning to fill up with lovely pieces of work that have been completed. We are all now well established into the classroom routines and rules and it was a pleasure to chat to Mums and Dads on parents evening about some of these things.
Children have settled into their new Read, Write Inc groups and are working hard on their sounds every morning. We ask that you please continue to practise these at home along with reading books.
After half term the first week back will be 'Black History Week' and then we will continue with our topic Planed Berffaith.
We hope you have a lovely half term-keep an eye on dojo for the homework task.
The children have settled in so well to the new term and classroom. They have already been super busy!
Our topic this term is Planed Berffaith. We will be learning all about how to look after and care for our world just like Ethical Eleri.
Please see the attached curriculum letter for more information on what we will be learning this term.
A few reminders just in case you missed any information:
- PE day is on Thursday and we ask that children please wear appropriate kit to school. We will take them outside as much as possible.
- PPA day is every other Thursday where Mrs Havelot will look after the children for the day.
- Children will be given homework every Friday, either on dojo or in their blue homework books. We ask that this is completed and returned by the following Wednesday.
- Reading books should be returned daily with a comment in the record. Books returned everyday will mean the children can win a prize on a Friday.
- Any information/photos of what we have been doing will be posted on dojo so please keep an eye on this page.
- Please label all of the children's belongings so they do not get lost. We are spending a lot of time looking for things after playtimes.
Please remember our door is always open if you have any concerns/worries or questions. We look forward to our first parents evening and meeting you properly :-)
Here you will find out about Miss Rogers' Year 1 class, Dosbarth Tregaron.